Products for TRI
Terumo's products offer complete support for TRI procedures, from vessel access to hemostasis
*Click to check the lineup for each procedural step.
When you try to access radial artery, the quality of sheath introducer is important to avoid damage to vessel and pain for patients.
Slender hydrophilic coated sheath for radial access
- Ultra-thin wall leading to a 1 Fr reduction in outer diameter.
- Designed to minimize mechanical irritation to the artery.
- Results in less penetration resistance than conventional sheaths.1,2
RADIFOCUS™ Introducer II Mcoat™
Hydrophilic coated sheath for radial access
- Easy insertion and removal with proprietary Terumo Mcoat™ hydrophilic coating.
RADIFOCUS™ Introducer ll
Standard introducer sheath kit
- Total Integrated Fit (TIF) tip tapering: tapering design at the tip of the sheath and dilator to facilitate smooth penetration.
Radial artery is small and sometimes there are loops or tortuous in the vasculature. Guidewire’s smooth navigation may helps to minimize the risk of vessel trauma.
- Nitinol coreHydrophilic
RADIFOCUS™ Guide Wire M
- Hydrophilic coating (Mcoat™) for high lubricity with less friction.
- Super elastic nitinol core provides excellent tip shape memory.
Approach to Coronary Artery
In the radial approach, the catheter shaft is in the middle of the aorta, meaning the left and right coronary arteries can be contrasted with a single universal shape catheter.
- Double braid
RADIFOCUS™ Optitorque™A complete portfolio for cardiology procedures, including universal radial shapes, enabling angiography of right and left coronary arteries using a radial approach.
- Double braid
Outlook™Large lumen to allow contrast media to be injected at high flow rates and is designed to exhibit good torque control6
- Single braid
RADIFOCUS™ Angiographic Catheter
- Smooth navigation thanks to the polyamide surface, rounded tip and one-piece body structure.
- Soft and atraumatic catheter with good torque control due to its internal metallic mesh braid.
Therapeutic Lesion Access(TLA)＆Therapy
You can use the same therapeutic device (Guiding catheter, PTCA guidewire, PTCA balloon, Stent etc.) as femoral approach.
Dedicated compression device will help you to observe the puncture site and control the compression pressure during hemostasis.
TR Band™Through the transparent structure designed for visual control and selective compression of the radial artery to allow blood return and preserve patency, TR Band™ assists in maintaining radial artery patency at the time of hemostasis in order to prevent future radial artery occlusion.7,8
Learning Radial approach
Are concerns and solutions ready?
The problems and solutions that can be considered at each step of Puncture,Sheath Insertion, Catheter Insertion, and Hemostasis are organized in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Rao S. et al. Euro Heart J. 2012; 33(20): 2521-2526.
- Saito S. et al. Cath Cardio Inter. 2002; 56(3): 328-332.
- Shah A, Lau C, Stavropoulos SW, et al. Comparison of physician-rated performance characteristics
of hydrophilic-coated guidewires. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2008 Mar;19(3):400-5.
- Niazi K, Farooqui F, Devireddy C, Robertson G, Shaw RE. Comparison of hydrophilic guidewires
used in endovascular procedures. J Invasive Cardiol. 2009 Aug;21(8):397-400.
- Niazi K. Guidewire Satisfaction Study. Data on File 2012. Terumo Medical Corporation.
- Terumo Instructions for Use, Outlook catheter
- Pancholy S. Impact of Two Different Hemostatic Devices on Radial Artery Outcomes after Transradial Catheterization. Journal of Invasive Cardiology, Vol. 21, No. 3, March 2009
- Rathore S. et al., 2010. A Randomized Comparison of TR Band and Radistop Hemostatic Compression Devices After Transradial Coronary Intervention. Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions, 76(5), pp.660–667.